Main Article Content
This special issue was created to reflect the evolving approaches to conducting and conceptualizing research in the FASD field.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Copyright of articles published in all DPG titles is retained by the author(s). The author(s) grants DPG the rights to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. The author grants DPG exclusive commercial rights to the article. The author grants any party the rights to use the article freely for non-commercial purposes provided that the original work is properly cited.
2. Chudley AE, Conry J, Cook JL, Loock C, Rosales T, LeBlanc N. Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: Canadian guidelines for diagnosis. Can Med Ass J. 2005;172 (5 Suppl.):S1–21. http://dx.doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.1040302
3. Cook JL, Green CR, Lilley CM, Anderson SM, Baldwin ME, Chudley AE, et al. Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: a guideline for diagnosis across the lifespan. Can Med Ass J. 2016;188(3):191–7. http://dx.doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.141593
4. Astley SJ, Clarren SK. Diagnostic guide for fetal alcohol syndrome and related conditions: The 4-digit diagnostic code. Seattle, WA: University of Washington; 1997.
5. Astley SJ. Diagnostic guide for fetal alcohol spectrum disorders: the 4-digit diagnostic code 3rd edition. Seattle, WA: University of Washington Publication Services; 2004. Available from http://depts.washington.edu/fasdpn/pdfs/guide04.pdf
6. Hoyme HE, Kalberg WO, Elliott AJ, Blankenship J, Buckley D, Marais AS, et al. Updated clinical guide-lines for diagnosing fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. Pediatrics. 2016;138(2):e20154256. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-4256
7. Bower C, Elliott EJ., on behalf of the Steering Group. Report to the Australian Government Department of Health: Australian guide to the diagnosis of fetal alco-hol spectrum disorder (FASD). 2020. Available from https://www.fasdhub.org.au/contentassets/ 32961d4a5cf94de48ebcf985c34d5456/australian-guide-to-the-diagnosis-of-fasd_all-appendices_feb2020_isbn.docx.pdf
8. Flannigan K, Pei J, McLachlan K, Harding K, Mela M, Cook J, et al. Responding to the unique complexities of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. Front Psychol. 2022; 12: 1-8. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2021.778471
9. Flannigan K, Wrath A, Ritter C, McLachlan K, Harding KD, Campbell A, et al. Balancing the story of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: a narrative review of the literature on strengths. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2021; 45(12): 2448-64. https://doi.org/10.1111/acer.14733
10. Skorka K, McBryde C, Copley J, Meredith PJ, Reid N. Experiences of children with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder and their families: a critical review. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2020; 44: 1175-88. https://doi.org/10.1111/acer.14335
11. Kautz-Turnbull C, Adams TR, Petrenko CLM. The strengths and positive influences of children with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. Am J Intellect Dev Disabil. 2022; 127(5): 355-68. https://doi.org/10.1352/1944-7558-127.5.355
12. Pei J, Kapasi A, Kennedy KE, Joly V. Towards healthy outcomes for individuals with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. Canada FASD Research Network in collab-oration with the University of Alberta; 2019. Available from https://canfasd.ca/wp-content/uploads/ publications/Final-Towards-Healthy-Outcomes-Documentwithlinks.pdf
13. Naidoo P. Potential contributions to disability theo-rizing and research from positive psychology. Disability and Rehabiliation. 2006; 28(9): 595-602. https://doi.org/10.1080/00222930500219027
14. Cascio MA. New directions in the social study of the autism spectrum: a review essay. Cult Med Psychiatry. 2014; 38: 306-11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11013-014-9377-8
15. Agmon M, Sa’ar A, Araten-Bergman T. The person in the disabled body: a perspective on culture and personhood from the margins. Int J Equity Health. 2016; 15: 147. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12939-016-0437-2
16. Canada FASD Research Network. About CanFASD [Internet]. Vancouver (BC): Canada FASD Research Network; 2022 [cited 2022 Sept 2]. Available from https://canfasd.ca/about/
17. Badry D, Coons-Harding KD, Cook J, Bocking A. Finding answers, improving outcomes: a case study of the Canada Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Research Network. Adv Dual Diagn. 2019; 12(1/2): 53-61. https://doi.org/10.1108/ADD-05-2018-0006
18. Badry D, Marcellus L, Choate P. An intersectionality-based policy analysis of Canadian child advocate reviews of infants, children and youth with prenatal substance exposure and fetal alcohol spectrum disorder in child welfare care. J Fetal Alcohol SpectDisord. 2022; 4(SP1): e91-e115. https://10.22374/ fasd.v4SP1.11
19. Harding KD, Dionne A, Harding EV. “You don’t want to drink? What are you, pregnant?!”: Portrayals of alcohol and substance use during pregnancy on tele-vision. J Fetal Alcohol Spect Disord. 2022; 4(SP1): e129-e161. https://10.22374/fasd.v4SP1.19
20. Wrath AJ, Mela M, Le T, Durr M, DesRoches A, Nomani S, et al. Psychotropic medication usage in individuals with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) and psychiatric co-morbidities in Canada. J Fetal Alcohol Spect Disord. 2022; 4(SP1): e70-e90. https://10.22374/fasd.v4SP1.21
21. Kennedy KE, Pei J, Andrew G, Rasmussen C. Longitudinal evaluation of mathematics achievement in children and adolescents with FASD. J Fetal Alcohol Spect Disord. 2022; 4(SP1): e116-e128. https://10.22374/fasd.v4SP1.12
22. Reid D, Brownstone L, Stewart M, Schofield N, Pitawanakwat R. Nothing about us without us: Essential considerations for collaborative FASD research. J Fetal Alcohol Spect Disord. 2022; 4(SP1): e20-e35. https://10.22374/fasd.v4SP1.14
23. McLachlan K, Dunleavy B, Grubb M. Toward effective identification of FASD: Considerations for enhancing evidence-based screening within an implementation science framework. J Fetal Alcohol Spect Disord. 2022; 4(SP1): e60-e69. https://10.22374/fasd.v4SP1.15
24. Harding KD, Wrath AJ, Flannigan K, Unsworth K, McFarlane A, Pei J. Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: The importance of adopting a standard definition in Canada. J Fetal Alcohol Spect Disord. 2022; 4(SP1): e5-e19. https://10.22374/fasd.v4SP1.10
25. Wolfson L, Poole N, Harding KD, Stinson J. At a juncture: Exploring patterns and trends in FASD prevention research from 2015-2021 using the four-part model of prevention. J Fetal Alcohol Spect Disord. 2022; 4(SP1): e36-e59. https://10.22374/fasd.v4SP1.13
26. Reid D, Beland W, Richardson L, Flannigan K. What if? Incorporating the voices of those with lived experience to change the focus of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder research. J Fetal Alcohol Spect Disord. 2022; 4(SP1): e162-e170. https://10.22374/fasd.v4SP1.16
27. Joly V, Harding K, Pei J. Towards healthy outcomes for individuals with FASD: A philosophy and approach to intervention. J Fetal Alcohol Spect Disord. 2022; 4(SP1): e171-e185. https://10.22374/fasd.v4SP1.20